DIRECTOR OF STUDIE'S MESSAGE
A graduate at Makerere University, holding a Degree (Bachelors of Arts in Arts) BAA. A post graduate diploma in Education (Class Two) from Mbale University (IUIU).Am married to Mr. Matovu Abdallah.S with 3 children.
Currently I am a director of studies at midfield secondary school as well as a teacher of History and IRE. I am grateful to serve as a director of studies in this institution. I wish to share the following on this forum with you in my capacity as a D.O.S with this academic guidance.
Most people like to be the best possible version of themselves. Everyone has a different concept of what makes you the best that you can be though this is hard to define. The best version of yourself is the happiest version of you and the happiest moments at work.
- Be aware of the kind of person you strive to be.
- Know who you want to be and be that person. Make a list of the most important qualities in your personality. If you find yourself deviating from those qualities slow down and regain your composure. Things like meditation, exercise and spiritual practices can help you re-center yourself on who you want to be.
- Make a list of your values; look over this list often to remind yourself.
- Set achievable goals. When your goals are specific and achievable, you are more Opt to meet them and feel good about it.
- Prepare for success. How? , you eliminate things that stress you out and slow down.
- Try to be one step ahead. Create routine for yourself that promote success.
- Prepare for the next day a night before.
- Stop procrastinating and get your work done before any deadline.
- Keep in mind that success is not a straight line.
- Take time to self-assess e.g. Keep a journal of your thoughts and feelings to determine how you think and feel.
- Create a plan to minimize the failure in the future.
At midfield we make plans and always divide your goals into short term and long term goals.
- Set deadlines for anything personal.
- Look for ways to keep yourself motivated.
- Be sure to take care of yourself.
- Build strong and health friendship i.e. good friends’ help you achieve your goals and support you through tough times. Spend less time with friends that bring you down.
- Never stop learning. Learn to do something that you have always wanted to do but never made time to do it.
- Learn from your friends or family and share your knowledge with them as well.
- Be yourself.
- Find your inspiration. It can be a person, a land mark or your lucky charm. It will make you smile when you wake up in the morning.
- Accept changes as they happen i.e. on the way to develop your full potential, things in your life will change.
- Focus on the things that you can influence and then do.
- Be open and learn new things.
- Accept your failures. Setbacks and failures will happen; they are natural and part of life.
- Be as perfect as possible and do your best.
- Improve on your reading skills.
- Learn to appreciate context.
- Read for learning and enjoyment.
- Realize your true potential as you get started, be sure to rank highly a goal that is attainable for e.g. you could set learning environment and make sure not to purse too many objectives at once to avoid conflicting your goals and end up being less productive.
- Lastly think positive as you work hard towards your goals, think optimistically about your progress.
Positive thinking will help you stay on track as you work towards realizing your potential, by the time you re-organize yourself with the above you would have achieved the best for yourself. As midfield s.s we are steadily progressing in academics believe in us a chance and respond positively towards our school. Midfield s.s as you invest in Education.
For God And My Country